It’s amazing to think it’s been almost a year of socializing the neighborhood, but the day is almost here. @LoganSquarist was born April 6 of last year. And it’s been a great and exciting year of getting to know local businesses, socializing with neighbors and spreading the love of the amazing Logan Square community.
Growing Logan Square
2011 and 2012 have been busy years in the neighborhood with a number of great businesses joining our community, from grocers to bookstores to restaurants. We’ve welcomed:
- Bang Bang Pies (@bangbangpie, 2051 N. California Ave.)—recently opened pie shop storefront offers homemade, old-fashioned goodies.
- Brink Dwellers (@brinkdwellers, 2344 N. Milwaukee Ave.)—a small boutique offering clothing, accessories, housewares and artwork
- Gosu (@GosuChicago, 2515 North California Ave)—formerly Rustico Grill, the Asian restaurant showcases Korean and Japanese cuisine.
- Half Italian Grocer (2643 N. Milwaukee Ave.)—half deli, half grocery store, this unique location features delectable sandwiches.
- Jam Restaurant (@jamrestaurant, 3057 W. Logan Blvd.)—a celebrated brunch establishment has received nods from Food & Wine for having one of the “Best Breakfast Sandwiches in the U.S.”
- Logan Design Building (@logandesignbldg, 2864 N. Milwaukee Ave.)—opening its doors in the coming weeks, this coworking space will bring designers together in a collaborative space.
- The Logan Theatre (@thelogantheatre, 2646 N. Milwaukee Ave.)—while not a new business, its new renovation has breathed new air into the movie offerings in the Square.
- Masa Azul (@masaazul, 2901 W. Diversey)—serving up American Southwest cuisine combined with delicious tequila cocktails mixed by the “2012 Best Bartender of the Year in Chicago.”
- The Owl (@theowlchicago, 2521 N. Milwaukee Ave.)—a unique 4 am, late-night bar.
- RefreshEase (@refreshease, 2735 N. Milwaukee Ave.)—a boutique selling quality clothing and upcycled home goods.
- Rewster’s Cafe (@rewsters, 3152 W. Diversey Ave.)—redefining the coffee shop with closed-door multicourse dinners, gourmet coffee, homemade pastries, and soups, salads and sandwiches.
- Scofflaw (@scofflaw, 3201 W. Armitage Ave.)—formerly Streetside Grill, a gin-cocktail bar serving up small plates.
- Telegraph (@telegraphwine, 2601 N. Milwaukee Ave.)—Logan Square’s own wine bar houses a broad selection of small, family owned European wines and seasonal menu items.
- Township (@yourtownship, 2200-2202 N. California Ave.)—formerly Pancho’s, the renovated space features brunch and dinner, and late-night music venue space.
- Tula Yoga Studio (@tulayogastudio, 2827 W. Belden Ave., Suite 1A)—yoga studio vinyasa, family, prenatal, baby and me yoga, and more.
- Ultralounge (@ultraloungechi, 2169 N. Milwaukee Ave.)—formerly Tini Martini, the nightclub, bar and live music venue hosts a variety of musical acts.
- Uncharted Books (@UnchartedBooks, 2630 N. Milwaukee Ave.)—the bookstore hosts open salons, stocks its shelves with vintage and new books, and has a book buying program.
- Yusho (@yushochicago, 2853 N. Kedzie Ave.)—a yakitori-style restaurant grilling up Japanese street food and beer, wine and sake selections.
Wow, that’s a lot of new business and even more reasons that make Logan Square the great community it is. If you haven’t swung by some of these places, you definitely should hit them up soon.
Celebrating a Year
Credit: Lightspan Digital
In honor of @LoganSquarist turning a year old, we’re having a celebration. Our friends at Lightspan Digital (@lightspand) have generously donated one of their “I’ve Been Licensed to Tweet” T-shirts to celebrate the occasion! This sweet tee could be yours! All you need to do is follow @LoganSquarist and spread the love with a retweet! It’s that simple! We’d love to reach 1500 followers by April 6—that gives us a week! We’ll announce the T-shirt winner next Friday. We hope you’ll join us in celebrating good things to come in Logan Square and another year of socializing the neighborhood!
Join The Discussion