LoganSquarist turned three this year, and celebrated by throwing a red-carpet anniversary party on Sunday, April 13 at Hairpin Arts Center (@hairpinarts, 2800 N. Milwaukee Ave., Second Floor). Although it was a rainy afternoon, about 40 ambassadors and neighbors gathered to nosh, sip and chat.
The anniversary event also was an opportunity to thank neighborhood influencers, business owners and current and former ambassadors for the past few years’ success.
It’s hard to believe it’s only been three years since I started LoganSquarist as a Twitter handle to keep up with the growing neighborhood and community changes. Little did I know at the time how the small social media project I had undertaken would grow into a full-fledged neighborhood resource with close to 30 volunteers helping to write articles, throw events and socialize the neighborhood.
LoganSquarist Turned Three
Since our humble beginnings, LoganSquarist has experienced some pretty exciting growth. Here’s a quick-and-dirty timeline of our highlights over the years:
- Feb. 2011 — @LoganSquarist takes Twitter by storm, or at least that was the hope!
- Feb. 2012 — The site launched as a way to promote our second meetup at Ciao Napoli Pizzeria.
- Mar. 2012 — We commemorated one year by looking back at all the neighborhood’s growth since we launched.
- Mar. 2013 — We celebrated our second birthday at the Logan Theatre. There even was cake!
- May 2013 — You also helped us become an official business by supporting our Spring fundraiser event.
- Dec. 2013 — Our Winter Gala, during Holidays on the Square, celebrated the holidays at Beauty & Brawn Art Gallery & Think Space (3501 W. Fullerton Ave.).
Thanks for the Party
Our party didn’t happen without the generous support and donations of many in the neighborhood. A big shout out goes to Hairpin Arts Center for donating its unique space and Jennifer Hyman of Hyman Interiors for party styling and decor. Food was deliciously supplied by Paper Moon Pastry (@papermoonpastry, 3523 W. Fullerton Ave.), Sterling Goss (1845 N. Oakley Ave.), Katakana Sushi Bar (@katakanasushi, 2829 W. Armitage Ave.) and 2 Amigos (2320 N. Milwaukee Ave.). Lastly, libations were thoroughly enjoyed from Revolution Brewing (@revbrewchicago, 3340 N. Kedzie Ave.) and FoodSmart (@foodsmartstores, 2901 W. Armitage Ave. and 3415 W. Diversey Ave.).
To all our readers, neighbors, business owners and friends: Thanks for reading, attending our events and receiving our newsletter. We appreciate the ongoing support and look forward to continue serving you.