At LoganSquarist, events that socialize the neighborhood have been at the heart of what we do since we began, in 2011. The LoganSquarist Dinner Series, a celebration of Logan Square’s culinary scene, will bring together neighbors and neighborhood enthusiasts. The series will feature some of the neighborhood’s dining hot spots, and we hope you’ll join us!
LoganSquarist Dinner Series Opens At Union
On Wednesday, July 20, the LoganSquarist Dinner Series heads to Union (2202 N. California Ave.) for a delicious, curated meal. The three-course menu features your choice of an appetizer, an entree and a dessert course. Check it out:
Pick one item per course:
- Course 1
- Bresaola tartine: crescenza cheese, sage, blackberry balsamic, sourdough.
- Smoked white trout: horseradish cream, dill-herb salad, griddled rye (vegetarian options available upon request).
- Course 2
- Union Burger: 8-oz brisket patty, two-year aged Wisconsin cheddar, fried onion strings, bone marrow aioli, brioche, crispy Yukon gold potatoes.
- Cavatelli alla vodka: vodka sauce, cherry tomato, beech mushroom, wilted spinach, ricotta salata, basil.
- Substitute one dish and upgrade to the pork chop with $12 additional charge day of. Wood grilled pork chop: vadouvan spice, thumbelina carrots, English peas, pork jus.
- Course 3
- Blood orange verrine: cheesecake panna cotta, citrus, pistachio crumble.
- Sugared brioche doughnuts: raspberry jam, honey lavender custard.
Individual ticket includes:
- Three-course dinner
- Service gratuity
- Complimentary Union pint glass
- Donation to LoganSquarist!
- Suggested beer pairings available day of!
Not included in the price: Tock service fee. Beer, cocktails, and wine (available for purchase day of) and additional taxes.
Union is a restaurant and beer hall, a concept from the owners of Lardon (2200 N. California Ave.). Taking over a 110-year-old corner building steps away from the California Blue Line stop earlier this year, the spot boasts “an abundance of local beer” and “new American cuisine.” With 24 local brews on tap, Union certainly can claim that sudsy abundance. The restaurant also offers a boutique wine list and wide selection of whiskeys, alongside a food menu with “dark and moody” vibes, as Union chef Chris Thompson told Block Club Chicago.
About LoganSquarist Events
LoganSquarist events deliver on the organization’s mission to socialize the neighborhood with unique, authentic and fun occasions. We help neighbors and fans of the Logan Square neighborhood come together and experience all the area has to offer. From neighbor meetups to our quarterly Mario Kart tournament, LoganSquarist’s first and foremost mission is to bring neighbors together. Learn more about upcoming LoganSquarist events.
Featured photo: Union