We welcome articles from first-time and experienced writers and photographers. Additionally we welcome contributed stories from business owners and organization leaders. We ask you review our submissions guidelines before submitting your story.
We welcome in-depth coverage of local events, neighborhood news, local policy issues or electoral politics, and profiles of individuals, businesses and groups organizing on a neighborhood level. We want to cover local businesses, startups, artists, community members and neighbors strengthening the community.
- Your story should resonate with the Logan Square community. This can include your personal experiences in the neighborhood, a visit to a local business, an event a community group is holding or a community-related issue.
- Make sure the story connects with Logan Square in some way: whether the business is in the neighborhood or you’re a resident actively contributing to Logan Square. We primarily cover stories within our defined neighborhood boundaries.
- An article about an upcoming event should be submitted at least two weeks before the event.
- Reserve self promotion to your bio (as opposed to marketing a business, event or service in the post).
How to Submit + Specific Guidelines
- Submit your story by selecting “contribute an article for publication.”
- Articles range in length, between 500 to 1,000 words.
- We require at least one 1500-pixel-wide horizontal photo with every article.
- Include your name, your email address and a short bio.
- All submitted articles are subject to editorial discretion and editing. Your post will be edited for grammar, punctuation, accuracy, and length, as well as to include additional neighborhood information.
- You will be contacted if your submission is accepted and when to expect publication.
Calendar Event Listings
Hosting an exciting event in Logan Square? Add it on our Calendar and our LoganSquarist To-Do Guide email newsletter! Submit events, meetings, concerts, film and movie events, performances, art shows and more. Submit your events or learn how to submit an event.
Make sure your business, organization or group is listed in our neighborhood directory, or if you are a freelancer, consultant or artist, make sure neighbors know about your services or passions. Fill out the Add a Listing form by following the How to Manage Your Listing.
News Tips + Article Ideas
Got a juicy news or story tip? We’d love to hear about it.
Last updated Aug. 25, 2018.