The LoganSquarist Calendar features events going on throughout Logan Square. Perfect for highlighting art exhibitions, special events, food specials, karaoke nights, meetups and sale promotions, spread the word about your unique upcoming occasion.
Subscribers choose from Event Categories, Types and Neighborhoods to receive Calendar Alerts each time a new one fits their criteria. And Featured Events appear in our weekly LoganSquarist To Do Guide newsletter.
Have a fantastic event happening in the neighborhood of Logan Square? Add it to the LoganSquarist Calendar!
Let’s Get Started
Navigate to our Calendar Submission Form or head to the Calendar and click the “Submit Event” button. If you don’t already have a LoganSquarist account, create one by selecting “Register”. Here’s how:
- Fill out a username and email address.
- You’ll receive a confirmation notification at the email address you provided.
- Click the prompt link to set be directed to set your password.
- Then login with those credentials, once registration is confirmed.
Now you’re ready to submit your event!
Start with the Basics
- Event name. Indicate the name of your event.
- Event start/end date/time. Designate a start date/time and end date/time. Select “All Day Event” or “No End Time”, if applicable. If your event is a repeating one, select “Recurring Eent” and choose the “Event Repeat Type” frequency, “Gap Between Repeats” and “Number of Repeats”.
- Event details. Be sure to list all the fun details about your event in the description. Use the WYSIWYG (pronounced “wiz-ee-wig”) editor to stylize your event in a way that is readable.
- Event location. Indicate where your event will be held by first selecting from the “Saved Locations” list. If you don’t see the Location, select “Create New.” Then fill out “Event Location Name,” “Event Location Address,” “Event Location Coordinates” (if applicable)” and “Event Location Link”.
- Event Organizer. Indicate who is organization the event from the “Saved Organizers” list. If you don’t see the Organizer, select “Create New.” Then fill out “Event Organizer,” “Event Organization Contact Information,” “Event Organizer Address,” “Event Organizer Link” and “Learn More Link”.
Enhance Your Event
Our calendar features a number of filter capabilities to make it easier for interested neighbors to find your event. Make sure to fill these out as much as possible:
- Event Category. Choose the (1) event category that best fits your event.
- Neighborhood Area Category. Choose the (1) category that best fits what part of Logan Square, for example, is your event taking place? Logan Square Proper, near Avondale, near Bucktown? Refer to our neighborhood boundaries before selecting neighborhood area. Note: Events outside of our observed boundaries may not be accepted.
- Cost. Choose from the various cost ranges to indicate the cost of your event.
- Event Type. Are you featuring a drink special? Hosting a comedy show? Putting on an art exhibit? Choose from a number of event types that best fit your event.
- Audiences. Who will be most interested in this event? 21+, kids, family, etc.
- Upload your event image. Give your event the attention it deserves by adding an image! We recommend horizontal images that are at least 1500 pixels wide and do not have a white or light background.
Have something else to say? Drop us a private note in the Additional Private Notes area.
And that’s it! We’ll conduct a quick review of your event and publish it within 48 hours.
Interested in Gaining More Visibility? Highlight Your Event!
For $3/day, you can showcase your event at the top of the calendar page in our dynamic slider. Featured events appear throughout the site:
- at the top of the calendar page in our Featured Events gallery
- on the homepage under the Featured Events section
- in the sidebar alongside all blog posts under the Logan Square Calendar section
- appear onsite denoted with a yellow Featured label
Benefits for Featuring Your Event
- Boosted visibility of your event to an active, Logan Square-enthusiast audience
- Prime positioning in the LoganSquarist Calendar Featured Events gallery that further boosts your event’s visibility on the second-most-popular page on the site
- Event promotion via Facebook and Twitter two times leading up to your event (automagically!) (We recommend posting your event at least four days beforehand to take advantage of social promotion.)
- Listing within the newly revamped weekly LoganSquarist To Do Guide
- “Featured Event” designation on Calendar and throughout site promotion
How to Feature Your Event
Once you’ve submitted your event, it’s a three-step process to feature it. Yep, three steps!
- Head over to our Feature Event page
- Select your previously submitted event from the “Select Event to Feature” dropdown menu.
- Click submit and complete your payment through Paypal.
- Note: Your total cost will be tabulated from today’s date through the date of your event.
Have a suggestion on how we can improve our calendar? Email us at [email protected].