Our goal is to bring together neighbors in the Logan Square, Chicago area — we call it “socializing the neighborhood”. The following guidelines ensure that the LoganSquarist Community, both online and off, is an informative, safe and respectful place for all of our readers, users, event attendees and neighbors. The following applies to comments on LoganSquarist.com, our social channels and our events.
- Play nice and comment thoughtfully. We’re all neighbors here, so be neighborly and respectful. This site is for thoughtful conversations.
- Respect others’ opinions. We encourage you to voice your own opinion, but do so in a respectful manner. If you disagree with someone, respond but don’t attack.
- Keep it relevant. This site is meant for conversations that are relevant to our neighborhood. You don’t have to live here to post, but please keep conversations to topics related to Logan Square.
We Reserve the Right to Remove Content
LoganSquarist reserves the right to remove comments and disable and/or block users for those who violate community rules. LoganSquarist has the final say on enforcing guidelines. We will remove the following:
- Disrespectful, offensive or intentionally hurtful posts or comments
- Racist, sexist, homophobic or sexually explicit remarks
- Offensive language
- Threatening or overly aggressive language
- Comments that refer to illegal activities
- Advertisements not pre-approved by LoganSquarist
- Posts or links that can be considered spam
- Comments posted multiple times without reason
- Posts that are irrelevant to Logan Square neighbors and the Logan Square neighborhood
- Troll comments
Event Code of Conduct
All attendees, sponsors, speakers and volunteers at our events are required to agree with the following code of conduct. LoganSquarist Staffers will enforce this code throughout the event. We are expecting cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody. Need help? Contact us.
The Quick Version
Our events are dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment of event participants, event organizers or LoganSquarist Staffers in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any event venue, including talks, workshops, parties, Twitter and other online media. Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event at the discretion of the event organizers and LoganSquarist Staffers.
The Less Quick Version
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
Attendees asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If an attendee engages in harassing behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please notify a LoganSquarist staffer in person, or contact us via email.
Event staff will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
We expect participants to follow these rules at event venues and event-related social events.
If you have questions, comments or complaints about something you see on LoganSquarist.com or at one of our events, or something breaks these guidelines, contact us.
Last updated Sept. 6, 2021