Oil pastel drawings, oil paintings and naked ladies. More articles
Listing Category: Arts + Entertainment
I Am Logan Square is a 501 (c)3, non-profit organization that promotes and supports the arts and cultural development in Chicago’s vibrant Logan Square neighborhood.
I Am Logan Square fulfills its mission through the following activities:
- Planning and executing arts and cultural events that elevate the presence of artists and arts-focused organizations within and beyond the local community
- Promoting the achievements of local arts organizations and individual artists
- Making the arts accessible by informing the community about local cultural events
- Serving as a resource for artists seeking support and career-development
- Connecting educators and interested community members seeking to incorporate or expand arts programs with local artists and arts organizations
I Am Logan Square’s board, led by Carolina O. Jayaram, executive director of the Chicago Artists Coalition, is comprised of arts-driven local business leaders, artists and active residents who are working together to create the infrastructure of I Am Logan Square.
The executive director of I Am Logan Square, Cara Dehnert Huffman, is a lawyer and avid art admirer. Prior to her position as Executive Director, Cara completed her Master of Art Management from Columbia College in Chicago.
In addition to serving as Chicago’s number one resource to discover and explore the ever-expanding arts offerings and events in the Logan Square neighborhood, I Am Logan Square presents a series of gallery openings, arts networking events and other special programs including the annual Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival.
I Am Logan Square’s Gallery presents monthly art exhibitions by local artists and/or curators in all media. Curatorial proposals will be reviewed in the order that they are received and applicants must have a connection to Logan Square to be considered.