LoganSquarist welcomes news tips, article submissions, calendar event listings and neighborhood directory listings:
We welcome articles from first-time and experienced writers and photographers. Additionally we welcome contributed stories from business owners and organization leaders. We ask you review our submissions guidelines before submitting your story.
We welcome in-depth coverage of local events, neighborhood news, local policy issues or electoral politics, and profiles of individuals, businesses and groups organizing on a neighborhood level. We want to cover local businesses, startups, artists, community members and neighbors strengthening the community.
- Your story should resonate with the Logan Square community. This can include your personal experiences in the neighborhood, a visit to a local business, an event a community group is holding or a community-related issue.
- Make sure the story connects with Logan Square in some way: whether the business is in the neighborhood or you’re a resident actively contributing to Logan Square. We primarily cover stories within our defined neighborhood boundaries.
- An article about an upcoming event should be submitted at least two weeks before the event.
- Reserve self promotion to your bio (as opposed to marketing a business, event or service in the post).
How to Submit + Specific Guidelines
- Submit your story through our contact form.
- Articles range in length, between 500 to 1,000 words.
- We require at least one 1500-pixel-wide horizontal photo with every article.
- Include a short bio.
- All submitted articles are subject to editorial discretion and editing. Your post will be edited for grammar, punctuation, accuracy, and length, as well as to include additional neighborhood information.
- You will be contacted if your submission is accepted and when to expect publication.
More ways to contribute
Submit an Event
Add a Business
Make sure your business, organization or group is listed in our neighborhood directory, or if you are a freelancer, consultant or artist, make sure neighbors know about your services or passions. Fill out the Add a Listing form by following the How to Manage Your Listing.
Send in a Tip
Got a juicy news or story tip? We’d love to hear about it.
Last updated March 22, 2019